Peer Care Team
As a member of the Peer Care Team, students support their fellow UIC students, gain a better understanding of the institution, develop interpersonal and team-building skills, and participate in workshops/activities that foster personal and professional growth.
- Transition to University life
- Navigate the various University processes
- Address challenges and barriers to academic success
- Set realistic goals and expectations
- Understand the various supports available and how to access them
- Appropriately refer to U and I Care partners
- Maintain a minimum of 2.75 GPA
- No disciplinary record with the Office of the Dean of Students
- Completed 45 credit hours or more
- Received a grade of B or higher in PSCH 386: Crisis Techniques I
Want to join the team?
For full consideration, applications are due November 15th. Selected candidates are notified and invited to participate in interviews in late November/early December. Interested candidates must submit their resume and one letter of recommendation along with their application. If selected, training will begin in early January.
Applications are available to students who have completed PSCH 386 or are currently enrolled in PSCH 386. Students can find the application here: APPLY TODAY!