U & I Care Emergency Fund
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Please Read BEFORE Applying Heading link
**In order to be eligible for this fund, you must NOT have received any emergency grants during the semester in which you are applying, including the COVID-19 Relief Fund**
The U&I Care Emergency Fund is available for students experiencing financial constraints. Upon completing your application for the emergency fund:
- You must provide documentation to support any requests made;
- You must contact the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships prior to submitting your application to ensure you have utilized all aid awarded to you for the 2021/2022 academic year;
- You must be a registered student during the semester you are applying for this fund. Please see below for important dates to help determine your eligibility.
NOTE: If eligible, students can receive this grant once per academic term.
Application Submission Deadlines
Fall 2021: August 16, 2021 – December 3, 2021
Spring 2022: January 3, 2022 – April 29, 2022
Summer 2022: Session 1 May 16th, 2022 – June 9th, 2022; Session 2 June 13th – August 3rd
Applications will not be accepted during breaks. The application portal will be available during the dates listed above; however, will be reviewed beginning the first week of classes at the start of the term.
U & I Care Fund Heading link
The U and I Care Emergency Fund is made possible through the partnership between the Office of the Dean of Students & Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships. The U and I Care Fund provides temporary, short-term financial assistance to currently enrolled students who are unable to meet essential expenses due to a temporary or unexpected hardship. This emergency funding program is designed to offer financial assistance to students in the form of one-time awards (typically not exceeding $500). Emergency funding is NOT intended to provide ongoing relief for recurring expenses. Decisions regarding disbursement of funds are made on a case-by-case basis.
Accordion Heading link
Types of Expenses Considered
- Overdue rent and utilities (i.e. eviction notice, utility disconnection notice)
- Medical, dental, or mental health emergencies
- Replacement of belongings lost in a fire or natural disaster
- Safety related needs (i.e. changing locks, short term emergency shelter)
- Travel related to the death of an immediate family member
Expenses Generally Not Covered
- Tuition and fees
- Campus Housing costs
- Health insurance
- Credit card expenses
- Parking tickets and other fines
- Costs for entertainment, recreation, and non-emergency travel
- Medical bills for any person other than the student applying
- Other non-essential expenses (i.e. cable bill, cell phone bill, parking fees)