U & I Care Emergency Fund
U & I Care Fund Heading link
The U and I Care Fund provides temporary, short-term financial assistance to currently enrolled students who are unable to meet essential expenses due to a temporary or unexpected hardship. This emergency funding program is designed to offer financial assistance to students in the form of one-time awards (typically not exceeding $500). Emergency funding is NOT intended to provide ongoing relief for recurring expenses. Decisions regarding disbursement of funds are made on a case-by-case basis.
IMPORTANT: Please read before applying! Heading link
In order to be eligible for this fund, you must NOT have received any emergency grants during the semester in which you are applying and you must have already accepted all available student financial aid. Additionally, please be mindful that if eligible, students can receive this grant once per academic year.
The U&I Care Emergency Fund is available for students experiencing financial constraints. Upon completing your application for the emergency fund:
- Have supporting documentation that reflects funds equal to or less than the request. Acceptable documentation includes PDF or JPEG files only.
- Provide an itemized statement
- Bills must be from the term of the application and must be current
- You must be a registered student during the semester you are applying for this fund.
**Please note bank statements and credit card statements will NOT be reviewed as documentation. Additionally, any application that does not include the above steps will be considered incomplete and will NOT be accepted. **
Application Submission Deadlines
Fall 2023: August 22, 2023 – December 2, 2023
Spring 2024: January 9, 2024 – April 28, 2024
Applications will not be accepted during breaks. The application portal will be available during the dates listed above; however, will be reviewed beginning the third week of classes after the add/drop date.
Expenses Heading link
- Replacement of belongings lost in a fire or natural disaster
- Safety related needs (i.e. changing locks, short term emergency shelter)
- Travel related to the death of an immediate family member
- Medical bills as a result of illness or injury
- Change in employment status or loss of income
- Death of a parent or benefactor
- Rent with proof of eviction notice or notice of late rent
- Late utility bills
Expenses Not Considered
- Tuition and fees
- Campus Housing costs
- Health insurance
- Credit card expenses
- Parking tickets and other fines
- Costs for entertainment, recreation, and non-emergency travel
- Medical bills for any person other than the student applying
- Other non-essential expenses (i.e. cable bill, cell phone bill, parking fees)