Our Work, Mission and Values
What We Do
The Office of the Dean of Students:
- Serves as an advocate to assist students with academic and personal concerns
- Provides legal services to students
- Supports and assists student veterans in their transition to university life
- Assists students in resolving administrative, academic, and personal grievances
- Ensures that the university standards for student conduct are upheld through the administration of the Student Disciplinary Policy
- Provides support and assistance for student crime victims
- Addresses concerning student behavior
- Offers consultation services for students, faculty, and staff on a variety of issues related to student concerns and student misconduct
- Supports students in crisis or with family emergencies
- Assists students who experience financial difficulties
- Refers students to on-campus and off-campus resources as necessary
Mission, Vision, and Values
Mission: Our mission is to provide a student-centered, learning environment that offers support, advocacy, and resources which contribute to student success.
Vision: Our vision is to be a campus leader in fostering a caring and supportive environment where all students matter.
Values: The Office of the Dean of Students accomplishes our mission by:
- Advocacy- Serve as a voice for students to address their needs and facilitate problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Care- Ensure that we always consider the best interests of our students and offer support and resources to students experiencing difficulties.
- Integrity- Align our practice with our core values and the ethical principles of our profession and lead by example.
- Education- Provide co-curricular opportunities that maximize student learning and prepare students to be socially responsible and engaged citizens.
- Diversity- Promote an environmental of respect, inclusiveness, and civility where all students feel welcomed and appreciated.
- Service- Anticipate and respond to student needs by providing high quality services which enhance and support student success.
- Excellence- Offer exceptional quality in the delivery of creative and innovative programs and services to students.